Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The July Book Collection.

July Books July Books July Books July Books July Books July Books
The July Book Collection is made up of some materials i've been thumbing through this month.
 
Well as I've been thinking about what to actually put in my wardrobe, my Stitch with Style magazine is the perfect place to get a lil inspiration + patterns!!  Every year my parents get me a subscription to a magazine for my birthday(at the beginning of the year)...so this year I thought i'd try a sewing mag to help me get back in the saddle.  And that collar, how absolutely gorgeous ~ and what is it made from :: vintage hankies!
 
Next book.....the Handmade Marketplace  by Kari Chapin.  I've had it for a while now, but I thought it would be a good book to re-visit this month, theres bits + pieces that are super helpful, and a touch different from  Craft Inc which I read last month.  Its also illustrated by one of my big time girl crushes Miss Emily Winfield Martin.
 
And the last book....a Little Golden Book of Hansel + Gretel which was my Mr's from many moons ago.  Funny how those gold spines can bring back to your childhood.  So we decided to read it to Bea one day (even though she is too little) + I guess I had forgotten the storyline for some reason....'oh my' what a horrific story!  Thanks goodness for cute vintage illustrations of pudgy lil kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment